Here are five breast aware points that all women should remember:
• Know what is normal for you.
• Know what changes to look and feel for.
• Look and feel.
• Discuss any changes with your GP without delay.
• Attend for breast screening when called by the national Cancer
What are the signs and symptoms of breast cancer?
• A change in size or shape such as one breast becoming larger than the other.
• A change in the skin such as puckering or dimpling (like orange peel) or redness.
• A change in the direction or shape of your nipple, especially if it sinks into your breast or becomes irregular in shape.
• An unusual discharge (liquid) from one or both of your nipples.
• A change on or around the nipple such as a rash or flaky or crusted skin.
• Swelling in your armpit or around your collarbone.
• A lump or thickening in your breast.
• Constant pain in one part of your breast or armpit.
Freefone 1800 200 700
Monday – Thursday 9am – 7pm, Friday 9am – 5pm
Visit the Irish Cancer Society for more details www.cancer.ie