Welcome to the Parent Education Department. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
We are delighted to be part of your exciting journey.
- Antenatal education is the cornerstone in the preparation for childbirth and parenting.
- We aim to empower parents to become partners in their birthing experience.
- Antenatal education provides important information to help prospective parents to make informed choices and the team respects the value and uniqueness of every individual.
- Midwives facilitating classes aim to use interactive teaching and learning strategies.
- We accept that holistic care is based on the best evidence available and the team strive to deliver programmes in a respectful, caring and confidential environment.
- The promotion, protection, and support of normal birth is incorporated into all programmes.
- Most classes are facilitated by a Midwife and a Physiotherapist. Many other health Professionals participate at various stages during the courses e.g. Public Health Nurse, Dietician, Social Worker and Anaesthetist.
- Car seat demonstrations are provided by our local baby shops.